The team at Dr Ha’s practice takes great pride of providing a quality customer experience. We do everything to make it as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We aim to focus on you and your needs starting from your first encounter with Dr Ha. Our specialists seek to provide personal and attentive care within a customised approach to each patient. We want to listen to your concerns, conduct gentle exams and teach you about what will be done to best serve your needs – all the while using the most current research and advanced technology.
We want to be sure that your day of your surgery runs as smoothly as possible. One way you can help is by coming prepared.
Tips for Paediatric ENT Surgery Preparation
- Take your child’s favourite toy or blanket with you to the hospital.
- Bring a special bottle with you if your child is an infant. Also bring extra diapers and underwear.
- Use imaginary play to demonstrate things that will happen before surgery. Sometimes a nurse will do this for you. For example, you can demonstrate putting an IV in on your child's favourite doll before your child gets the IV herself. Or, the nurse can model taking the doll's blood pressure before taking your child's.
- Your child will need to rest after surgery. Take things that your child can play with while recovering such as favourite movies, DVDs, drawing and colouring books.
- Use age appropriate movies and books to explain what will happen to your child.
- Be honest with your child. Do not lie about the possibility of needle sticks or some pain after the surgery.
- Remember, all your child needs is love, attention and nurturing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my child’s procedure require general anaesthesia?
What type of medical equipment is used?
How long will it take to recover?
Will I have scars after surgery?